Wednesdays Six Sessions: Introduction to Stained Glass (begin any Wednesday)
No, class fee is not zero, it's $295. Currently Wednesday evening sessions are full. However, if you have flexibility and can come in on Wed, Thurs or Friday afternoons, please register below and let us know in the comment box during check out. Also, Wednesday slots open as students finish current projects, so you can add yourself to the waitlist.
Classes are on-going so you may begin anytime. But you must register below, and we will contact you to schedule the first lesson.
Wednesdays evening sessions are 6 - 8:30 pm. The studio is flexible- if you'd like to come in Wednesday, Thursdays or Fridays during the day during open hours, but you must pre-arrange the times with JaYing.
Just look at the beautiful pieces our students have made in the past! Most of them had never made stained glass projects before. This class is also good for those who want to freshen up on their skills. Students will learn how to cut and grind glass, copper foil and solder. Art Lab provides many beginner patterns for you to select, or JaYing can work with you to create a custom design. This class is on-going so you may start anytime. No experience necessary.
- This is a beginner class, so number of pieces in a pattern should be no more than 30-35 pieces.
- Size of panel will be limited to 12x16 or smaller. If you wish to make a larger piece, there will be additional charge. Please discuss with JaYing.
- Price of class includes pattern, instruction, use of tools, grinders, diamond grinder bit, copper foil, solder, flux, patina, zinc border, hooks & fishing line for hanging.
- The price also includes MOST glass, mostly clears, greens, blues, ambers, plus some reds, oranges and yellows. If you want specialty or high cost glass, there will be extra charge. You are welcome to purchase glass from other art glass vendors.
- Therefore, if you just choose from glass provided by Alameda Art Lab and keep the size to 12x16 or less, then you will not need to pay for additional materials or supplies.
To register, select Quantity 1 below, add to Cart, complete your information (no payment collected), and submit. In the comment box, state if you can come in the afternoons or if you'd like to wait for the next spot on Wednesday evenings. JaYing will contact you. Thank you for your understanding!