Wednesdays Six Sessions: Introduction to Stained Glass (begin any Wednesday)
Classes are on-going so you may begin any Wednesday. But you must contact the studio to schedule the first lesson.
Wednesdays 12:30 - 8:30 pm (any 2-3 hour window). The studio is flexible- if you'd like to come in Thursdays or Fridays during the day during open hours, but you must pre-arrange the times with JaYing.
Just look at the beautiful pieces our students have made in the past! Most of them had never made stained glass panels before. This class is also good for those who want to freshen up on their skills. Students will learn how to cut and grind glass, copper foil and solder. Art Lab provides many beginner patterns for you to select, or JaYing can work with you to create a custom design. This class is on-going so you may start any Wednesday. No experience necessary.
- This is a beginner class, so number of pieces in a pattern should be no more than 30 pieces.
- Size of panel will be limited to 12x16 or smaller. If you wish to make a larger piece, there will be additional charge. Please discuss with JaYing.
- Price of class includes pattern, instruction, use of tools, grinders, diamond grinder bit, copper foil, solder, flux, patina, zinc border, hooks & fishing line for hanging.
- The price also includes MOST glass, mostly clears, greens, blues, ambers, plus some reds, oranges and yellows. If you want specialty or high cost glass, there will be extra charge. You are welcome to purchase glass from other art glass vendors.
- Therefore, if you just choose from glass provided by Alameda Art Lab and keep the size to 12x16 or less, then you will not need to pay for additional materials or supplies.