Introduction to Stained Glass (rolling enrollment)
No, class fee is not zero, it's $330.
This class is offered on Wednesday and Thursday evenings 6-8;30pm. Currently, the classes are full and there's a usually a several months-long wait list. If you are interested, registering below will place you on the wait list.
However, if you have flexibility and can come in on Thurs or Friday afternoons, then please register below and let us know in the comment box during check out.
Classes are on-going so you may begin anytime. But you must register below, and we will contact you to schedule the first lesson.
Just look at the beautiful pieces our students have made in the past! Most of them had never made stained glass projects before. This class is also good for those who want to freshen up on their skills. Students will learn how to cut and grind glass, copper foil and solder. Art Lab provides many beginner patterns for you to select, or JaYing can work with you to create a custom design. This class is on-going so you may start anytime. No experience necessary.
- This is a beginner class, so number of pieces in a pattern should be no more than 30-35 pieces.
- Size of panel will be limited to 12x16 or smaller. If you wish to make a larger piece, there will be additional charge. Please discuss with JaYing.
- Price of class includes pattern, instruction, use of tools, grinders, diamond grinder bit, copper foil, solder, flux, patina, zinc border, hooks & fishing line for hanging.
- The price also includes MOST glass, mostly clears, greens, blues, ambers, plus some reds, oranges and yellows. If you want specialty or high cost glass, there will be extra charge. You are welcome to purchase glass from other art glass vendors.
- Therefore, if you just choose from glass provided by Alameda Art Lab and keep the size to 12x16 or less, then you will not need to pay for additional materials or supplies.
To register, select Quantity 1 below, add to Cart, complete your information (no payment collected), and submit. In the comment box, state if you can come in the afternoons or if you'd like to wait for the next spot on Wednesday or Thursday evenings. JaYing will contact you. Thank you for your understanding!