April 25 (Sun): Fused Glass Garden Stakes (Adults or Youths)
Youths welcome or Pick Up and Take Home
Make a unique 64 sq inch garden stake that can be inserted into the garden or a pot (stake will be plastic-coated metal rod, approx. 36" long). You decide what kind of shape you want: 8x8: flower or heart, 10x6" rectangle, 5x13" teardrop, basically anything that comes out to about 64 sq inches and is structurally sound for outdoors. Choose from a large assortment of colorful fusing glass, and we'll show you how to use glass cutting tools and glass grinder. We will attach a sturdy rod to your finished piece after it is kiln fired. These make great Mother's Day gifts!
Please provide contact info upon check out. JaYing will contact you to schedule pick up date/time. The rules for Pick Up & Take Home are:
· You will receive all materials, supplies and tools to create this project.
· You will be given video instructions on how to use the tools and how to assemble your design
· You will be given a date upon which you need to return the tools and supplies and project for grouting. This date will be about a week later, excluding the dates we are closed (Mondays and Tuesdays)
· You can pick up your grouted project in about a week after you return the project
· If you do not return the tools and supplies on designated date, then your credit card will be charged $50 for the tools and supplies. You may ask for extension, but that needs to be agreed upon by Alameda Art Lab.