Glass Arts Summer Camp 2021!
No, camp is not a $0! (website glitch) Camp fee is $440/week
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT: Pay $415 until May 1, 2021 (Full fee $440/week)
Pay via check, receive additional $15 discount
Multiple week discount: $15 off each for 2nd and 3rd week
Sibling discount: $10 off for a sibling participating the same week
Click here for REGISTRATION FORM
2021 summer camp weeks:
June 21-25 FULL
July 5-9. FULL
July 19-23. FULL
August 2-6 FULL
August 9-13 FULL
In case you haven't heard about this camp from someone - this is a GREAT ART CAMP! Our summer camps aren't your usual cookie-cutter art camps, and we don't take hundreds of campers each summer. We only offer 5 weeks of camps and have 10 campers per week, so each student gets lots of attention and personal instruction. And, we create seriously awesome projects! Pictured at left are just some of our past summers' artworks by students. There's always glass fusing projects, glass mosaics and stained glass, but we also work with other media; in past camps we've done metal smithing, acrylic & watercolor paints, paper decoupage, polymer clays, wire for sculpture, embroidery, pyrography, alcohol inks and henna. In addition to glass projects, our students have made hammered copper jewelry, created an outdoor mosaic installation, painted silk scarves, made garden art and monoprinted greeting cards.
No mistake about, we are MAKERS! Students will learn how to use glass cutting tools and grinders, drills, soldering irons as well as traditional art media.
We held 5 weeks of in-studio camps last year, under Covid conditions and NO ONE fell ill
Here are our COVID protocols and studio modifications:
- Studio work tables are physically distanced
- Two persons max per table, with plexiglass shields set up so each person works in their own "cube"
- Max 10 campers
- Masks covering nose and mouth required at all times.
- Common touch surfaces, including bathroom, are disinfected throughout the day
- Front and back doors are open throughout the day for ventilation
- Three air purifiers with HEPA13 filters are placed throughout the studio
- Carbon dioxide meter installed to monitor CO2 levels in the studio, levels will always remain below 600ppm
- All art glass, tools, supplies and table surfaces are sprayed with 3% hydrogen peroxide or Lysol disinfectant at end of each use
- Students are reminded to wash hands hourly
- Hand sanitizers are placed throughout the studio
- Camps are for ages 9 and up.
- Hours are Monday - Friday, 9am to 3pm daily
- Please have your child bring bag lunch, snack and reusable water bottle daily. There's also Blue Dot Cafe next door (kinda pricey) and there's a grocery store at the corner that sells salads, instant noodles, canned soups and microwave meals. We will have teenage assistants who can accompany kids to the market.
- After lunch, we will walk to Franklin Park for lunch and games
- Physical distancing is practiced, kids sit on towels at least 6' apart
- Hands are sanitized after lunch and when we return to studio
- Please have your child wear comfortable clothes for artwork and shoes/hats for WALKING! Also, NO FLIP FLOPS. They can get cut if they step on a shard of glass.
- Deposit of $150 is required at time of registration. Of course, you may pay in full as well.
- $75 of payment is non-refundable. The balance is refundable up to 7 days prior to the first day of camp.
- Cancellation within 7 days prior to the first day of camp will incur a $175 cancellation fee.
- If the deposit is paid at time of registration, then the balance is due the first day of camp.
How to Pay:
Our credit card processing fee on charges of this amount are about $15, but you can save that amount if you pay by check.
Disregard the SOLD OUT below, Please email JaYing at AlamedaArtLab@gmail.com or text her @ 510-501-1371 to inquire if there's still space in the week you want (June 21 is SOLD OUT). If there is, she will put your child on the list, then you can mail or bring in the registration form and payment. You can also drop into mail slot. If you have any questions, please email/text JaYing. Thank you for your understanding.
Click here for REGISTRATION FORM